T700XXU1ANJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware Last Updated on 12-Nov-2014. You can now update the latest XXU1ANJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 tablet. Samsung recently started rolling out an OTA update about the firmware. The latest firmware build version number is T700XXU1ANJ2. The firmware is also available for download for manual update. The device was announced and released by Samsung with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and already received official Android 4.4.2 KK firmware update. If you own the tablet and not yet updated this latest firmware, then update the same using our simple tutorial below. The below guide will help you to download and flash the T700XXU1ANJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware manually through Odin.
As the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 released with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat, you can expect few bug fixes and performance enhancement with this latest update. It is always recommended to update your device to the latest available firmware to keep updated with the latest security changes.
So, want to update your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 to the latest T700XXU1ANJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware? To install in official way, you can either go for OTA (over the air) from Settings-About Tablet-Software Update or download and install the firmware through the Samsung Kies utility. However, if prefer a manual way to update official firmware, then follow this article to find step by step manual guide to update the latest Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANJ2 firmware on your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 through Odin.
"The firmware is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 model, so don’t try this in any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Tablet. Also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. Follow all the pre-requisites, procedures and steps carefully to avoid breaking your Tablet".
Download T700XXU1ANJ2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware
Samsung rolled out the firmware for the following countries. The firmware which are unbranded or not locked to any carrier, no matter of which country or region, can be flashed on any Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T700 model.
[Firmware for rest of the countries will be update here when available]
Previous Firmware Builds:
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 90% battery power
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
- Backup important data and settings to external storage- follow this guide
- Install USB driver for your device on your computer- Download Samsung USB Driver
Points to be noted:
- If you are using any Custom ROM such as- CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, SLIM ROMs etc, then it’ll replaced by this official Stock ROM
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery
- After flashing official firmware, your device will no longer belongs to rooted device. However you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 through Odin:
- Download Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANJ2 Firmware for Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 from the above list
- Download Odin 3.07
- Switch off your Tablet and boot Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys together until you get the warning message, now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.07 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.07.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700 to your computer via USB cable
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on PDA button (if you are using the latest Odin Version, then click on AP button instead of PDA) and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: T700XXDLJ5_T700ODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
- Your Tablet should automatically reboot after completion
- You can now disconnect your Tablet from computer